I’ve landed with a batch of sour oranges, the best thing I could do was to convert it to something more edible. Marmalade was of course the first option but with apple jams, and God knows what Jams it seems a bad idea. It was ages since I made fresh fruit cake, and I definitely had not made it in the microwave. I pulled out my old recipe, and tweaked it a little with blogger Swasthi’s help.
1 ¼ cup maida.
½ cup orange juice.
½ cup orange zeal.
¼ cup butter melted.
200ml condense milk — My favorite is Mithai Mate from Amul, But Nestle’s Milkmaid works equally well.
1tsp. Baking powder.
½ tsp. Baking soda.
- Preheat the microwave at 170oC
- Grease your baking tin.
- Sieve the flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a vessel melt the butter do not allow it to clarify.
- Take it off the flame when it cooks, add in the orange juice, zest, condense milk,sugar,and vinegar blend to mix well, but not overtly.
- Now fold in the sieved flour.
- Pour into the cake tin and tap gently till the bubbles are released.
- Baked for 20mnts at 170oC
Ease out the cake when it is cold.