Faith is the most powerful word in our vocabulary fear is even greater. We fear so many things, the past, present future, success, failure anything and everything.
Best way to build faith and confidence in you is to accept it from others.
Fear and faith, my fear dominated parent won over the faith dominated one. Like a car with two drivers, one fear fuelled and the other faith.
Overcoming the fear fuel
Believe in yourself
- In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can. ~Michael Korda
- It is not important what you believe, only that you believe. ~ Author Unknown
- Fact of the matter is, there is no hip world, there is no straight world. There’s a world, you see, which has people in it who believe in a variety of different things. Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence. ~ Frank Zappa
- Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy. ~ norman Vincent Peale author
- Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
- It’s not who you are that holds you back, it’s who you think you’re not. ~Anonymous
R.L.Stevenson says friends are out our gifts to ourselves, so who would you choose.
- It’s better to hang out with people better than you. Pick out associates whose behaviour is better than yours and you’ll drift in that direction.~ warren Buffett
- I don’t even have an agent or manager, but rather have a number of associates who I turn when needed or conversely when they hear of someone looking for me they’ll contact me.~ Christopher Knight.
- A puppy plays with every pup he meets, but an old dog has few associates. ~ Josh Billings.
Build your confidence
- You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face… The danger lies in refusing to face the fear, in not daring to come to grips with it… You must make yourself succeed every time. You must do the thing you think you cannot do. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt.
- Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful. ~Mark Victor Hansen
Take charge of your life
- The essence, if we want to direct our lives , we must take control of our consistent actions. It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.~ Anthony Robbins.
- From backstabbing co-worker to the meddling sister-in-law, you are incharge of how to react to the people and events in your life. You can either give negativity power over your life or you can choose happiness instead. Take control and choose to focus on what is important in your life. Those who cannot fully often become destroyers of life. ~ Anais Nin
- In times of great stress or adversity, it’s always best to keep busy, to plow your anger and your energy into something positive. ~ Lee Lacocca
|the secret is keeping busy, and loving what you do ~Lionel Hampton.|
|One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn’t pay to be get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself. ~unknown.|
Identify the fears list them and try to see if you can face them and address them. Consider the worst possible scenario and troubleshoot it. Write these down, burn it up now you know what can happen and how you would face it.
List your fears under these headings.
- Situation in life
- Relationship with your parents and siblings.
- Money matters
- Physical appearance
- Health issues
- Interpersonal relationships
- Fear of old age
- Fear of death.
Affirmations are built like: I am giving a list of fears, and their affirmations—courtesy Louise Hay – you can work affirmations for yourself.
Your belief ~ affirmation.
- It would not work for me ~ my decisions are always perfect for me
- Growing older frightens me ~ my age is perfect and I enjoy each new moment
- What if I become homeless ~ I am at home in the universe
- What if I have a painful death ~ I will die peacefully and comfortably at the right moment
- I’m afraid of being alone ~ I express love and I will attract love wherever I go.
During all the stress at the hospital and anxiety before the procedures one exercise that really helped me was – taking a deep breath and letting go, relaxing the pelvis, stomach and then breathing out slowly.
If you need more guidance with affirmations contact Asma D’souza at www.personallyco.com
- Miracle people power James K.Vanfleet
- You can get there from here Shirley McLain.
- Feel The Fear and Do It Anyway ~ Susan Jeffers.
- 101 Really Important Things You Already Know But Keep Forgetting by Ernie J. Zelinski.