The lock down has been great, I have run out my standard nibbles. So I decided to try out making the Karachi biscuits at home. Essentially I modified the Nankatai recipe.
¾ cup plain flour.
½ cup powdered sugar.
¼ cup custard powder
¼ cup tutti-frutti.
2tbs broken cashew
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp rose essence. (I cheated I used gulkand)
3 tbsp. Milk.
- Mix the flour and custard poser keep aside.
- Mix butter, sugar
- add tutti-frutti, cashew, and rose essence.
- Add the flours to the sugar and knead to a soft dough adding only required quantity of milk.
- Divide this dough into two portions and roll it tight with an aluminium foil or cling. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Slice the dough into ½ ‘’ discs and arrange it in a biscuit tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15mnts. At 150o ( My mother uses 180oC i.e. 360oF for 30-35 mnts) so you will have to come to an understanding with your oven.