- The year begins with the deafening sounds of crackers over Mandovi and we realize life is drudge when a normal 10-mnts zip down the drive turns into a 100-mnts stake out.
- Every channel goes berserk with proposals and projections and choose to call it hopeful prediction.
- Then comes Loveria the valentine’s madness the annual war between sanskari baccha and dil ka saccha.
- The exam fever.. CBSE vs. ICSE while all the government seats are hogged by forgotten state syllabus — thank God I am over it and its a long wait for my grandbabies to arrive.
- It is a free universe, April showers need not shower in April.
- May day… the domestic tourists on the move trains and planes are overflowing, so are the side walks with Garbage
- Heat wave hits Delhi in June,national media gets hysteric…the rest of the country does not matter.
- July we have not begun celebrating 4th of July as yet, it might be this year’s Trump Card.
- Blaring music heralds the advent on Lalbaug Ka Raja,
- Burning of Ravana and Diwali sales are the high light. we have a new Sanskaar Halloween.
- Before I say “bless you” December is here and like all good intellectuals people post out prompts to take stock of the grades, the pluses and minuses, my report card vs. Yours, who has read the most book, gone on most holiday’s .. I rather gorge the Christmas cakes
- Epiphany Money is an illusion…I used to think it was delusion.
As for my growth, it lateral, changes from the girl with long braids and short skirt I have become the Auntie Acid with long skirts and short hair (read no hair) as for being better of course there is more of me to go around.
Hope I have qualified for the 13th lesson.